New Delhi: Lieutenant Governor, Anil Baijal on Thursday, September 3, has approved the proposal of the Delhi government to reopen liquor bars and pubs which is shut from the last six months due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Sources said, Pubs, restaurants, and hotels that have the required licenses can also serve liquor, they said, adding the order is likely to be implemented from September 9.
However, the owners of hotels, restaurants, and clubs will have to ensure strict adherence to Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines issued by the Central government.
A formal order will be issued by the Delhi government after Lieutenant Governor Baijal’s clearance to the suggestion for opening bars from September 9.
The Government of Delhi has also issued a Standard Operating Procedure for these establishments to ensure strict compliance of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) protocols.
Generic Preventive Guidelines:
- Persons who are above 65 years of age, persons with comorbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for essential and health purposes. Hotel management to advise accordingly.
- The generic guidelines include simple public health measures that are to be followed to reduce the risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19). These measures need to be observed by all (staff and guests) in these places at all times.
These some other Guidelines Includes:
- The physical Social distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible.
- Please use of face covers/masks, It’s mandatory.
- Practice frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds) that can be made wherever feasible.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves the strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing of used tissues properly.
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest to state and district helpline.
- Spitting shall be strongly strictly prohibited.
- Installation and use of the Aarogya Setu application shall be advised to all.