There will be three-phase Bihar polls that will be held on October 28, November 3, and November 7 It will be a large-scale election in the country since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Election Commission has announced strict Covid-19 protocols for parties and voters to ensure that the voting exercise is conducted in a safe & smooth manner.
Here’s how assembly elections in Bihar will be different than any other polls we have seen so far:
* The voting timing has been increased by one hour. Now, the voting will take place from 7 am to 6 pm. Earlier, it used to take place between 7 am to 5 pm. However, this will not be applicable in Maoist-hit areas.
* District election officers will identify grounds for physical campaigning and also ensure circles are marked on the ground to ensure social distancing.
* Number of voters per polling station has been cut to 1,000 to facilitate social distancing. This will raise the number of polling stations to over 1 lakh in 2020 from 65,337 in the 2015 elections.
* Covid-19 patients who’re quarantined will be able to cast their vote on the last day of poll, at their respective polling stations, under the supervision of health authorities. This is besides the option of the postal facility already extended to them.
* Over 7 lakh hand sanitizer units, nearly 46 lakh masks, 6 lakh PPE kits, 6.7 lakh units of faces-shields, 23 lakh (pairs of) hand gloves have been arranged for the polls. 7.2 crore single-use hand gloves have also been arranged for the voters.
Get the latest updates directly on your mobile, save and send a message at +91-9899909957 on Whatsapp to start