For making Shahi tukda masala
• Almonds ¼ cup
• Green cardamom 3-4 no. (skinless)
• Black cardamom 1 no. (skinless)
• Black peppercorns 3-4 no.
• Fennel seeds 1 tbsp
• Grind all the ingredients well in a grinder, Shahi tukda masala is ready, it can be stored in fridge in an airtight container.
For making rabari
• Full fat milk 1.5 litre
• Sugar 3 tbsp
• Shahi tukda masala 2 tbsp
• In a heavy bottom pan, bring the milk to a boil. Lower the heat and stir continuously so to prevent the milk to stick to the bottom of the pan.
• Once the layer of the cream starts to form, start collecting the cream on the edges of the pan.
• Scrape of the cream layer stuck on the edges and repeat the process until the milk reduces to 1/3rd.
• Add sugar, and cook for 7-8 minutes while stirring.
• Add the Shahi tukda masala and stir well.
• Cool down the rabari and refrigerate it before serving.
For making chashni
• Sugar 1 cup
• Water 1 cup
• Saffron strands 12-15
• Cardamom powder a pinch
• Let the sugar dissolve.
• Add the saffron strands and cardamom powder.
• Cook the syrup and bring it to one string consistency.
• Cool down the syrup to Luke warm temperature.
For making shahi tukda
• Brown bread slices 8-10
• Ghee for frying
• Cut the brown bread slices into four triangles.
• In a pan heat ghee to shallow fry the bread triangles on both the sides until crisp and golden brown.
• Drain excess ghee and cool down the fried breads.
• Coat the fried bread triangles with the sugar syrup.
• Top it up with the chilled rabari and finish it by sprinkling Shahi tukda masala, few almonds and pistachios slivers and some dried rose petals (optional).
Get the latest updates directly on your mobile, save and send a message at +91-9899909957 on Whatsapp to start