The Jharkhand regime has issued a notification that bans activity Chhath Puja on water bodies within the state. The notification says that the choice has been taken in sight of the coronavirus pandemic.
Here square measure the guidelines:
1. Since it’s impracticable to confirm the compliance of national directive of social distancing norm of ‘do gaz ki doori’ whereas activity Chhath Puja within the waters of watercourse pond/lake dam reservoir etc, so Chhath Puja within the waters of public ponds/lakes/rivers/dams/reservoirs/any alternative water body shall not be permissible thus on minimize the probabilities of unfold of Covid-19 infection.
2. No stalls of any kind shall be came upon by anyone on or close to the banks of any public pond/lake/river/dam/reservoir/any alternative water body.
3. Earmarking/barricading/Special lighting of Chhath Ghats by people for the aim of Chhath Puja is prohibited.
4. No detonating of firecrackers is permissible publically places.
5. There shall be no musical or the other entertainment/cultural program.
The notification additionally states that to perform the Chhath Puja, the ritual of ‘arghya’ is necessary. Ponds, rivers, lakes and reservoirs witness an enormous congregation of ladies or ‘vartis’ and their family to perform this ritual. Amid a crowd, it’ll be troublesome to take care of a distance of 2 yards.
The government additionally fears that the follow of taking the holy bathtub along will increase the probabilities of transmission of infection. this is often additionally the rationale why swimming pools in Jharkhand haven’t been given the inexperienced signal to open.
While the curve of coronavirus cases within the state has two-dimensional however it is not over. Hence, the govt has taken preventative steps.