Tamil Nadu extends Covid lockdown till June 14 | What’s allowed
The Tamil Nadu government on Saturday extended the lockdown by another week, till 6am on June 14, with some relaxations in a bid to curb rising Covid-19 cases in the state.
கருப்பு பூஞ்சை நோய்க்கான சிகிச்சையில் பயன்படுத்தப்படும் மருந்தினை இதுவரையில் 1790 குப்பிகளை மட்டுமே தமிழ்நாடு அரசு பெற்றிருக்கிறது.
— M.K.Stalin (@mkstalin) June 3, 2021
Guidelines of Tamil Nadu Lockdown
– Grocery, vegetable, meat and fish shops will be allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
– Platform stalls selling vegetables, fruits and flowers will be allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm).
– Fish markets will only be allowed to operate for wholesale. In order to maintain the social gap in the fish markets, the district administrations should immediately make alternative arrangements for setting up these markets in the open in more than one place.
– Slaughter houses will be allowed for wholesale only.
– Government offices and allow up to 30 percent of employees.
– 50 tokens per day at Sub Registrar offices.
– Match factories will be allowed to operate with 50% employees following standard guidelines.
Relaxations for other districts
– Private security service companies and services including housekeeping in offices, houses and flats will be allowed with e-registration.
– Self-employed persons such as electricians, plumbers, computer and machine repair technicians (motor technicians) and carpenters will be allowed to work with e-registration from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
– Shops selling electrical goods, bulbs, cables, switches and wires will be allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
– Bicycle and motorcycle repair shops (not sales outlets only) will be allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
– Hardware stores will be allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
– Vehicle parts sales outlets will be allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm. Shops selling textbooks and stationery will be allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
– Vehicle repair centers of vehicle distributors only (not sales outlets) will be allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
– Passengers in rental vehicles, taxis and autos will be allowed to travel with e-registration. Also, in taxis, three passengers besides the driver will be allowed to travel, and in autos, only two passengers besides the driver will be allowed to travel.
– People travelling to Nilgiris District, Kodakkanal, Yercaud, Yelagir, Courtallam for urgent reasons will be allowed by obtaining an e-pass from the relevant District Collector.
– Export companies in Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Salem, Karur, Erode, Namakkal, Tiruchirappalli and Madurai districts can operate with 10% of employees with standard guidelines.
CM Stalin also said the government’s scheme of selling vegetables and fruits to the public through mobile vehicles has been well received by the public and will continue to be implemented. He requested the general public to go to shops near their homes to buy goods and avoid going to the shops on two-wheelers and four-wheelers.
Get the latest updates directly on your mobile, save and send a message at +91-9899909957 on Whatsapp to start